Friday, March 11, 2011

Can I Use A Steam Mop On Walls

Cedar greedy


I found some beautiful cedars!
are not sweet but ... not like those tasted by a friend of Syracuse, so sweet as to be beautiful also eaten in slices with salt! In fact, I would say sensational.
These were beautiful but not so sweet, so I converted them into a jam and I've candied peel.
The original recipe is that of the mythical Cavoletto , I just shortened a little time.

Ingredients: Sugar
Cedars
Water

Remove the peel and cut the cedar into strips of 1 cm and a half. Put the peels in a pot and cover with water, then boil for 5 minutes. Let them cool in the pan (if you hurry like me, boil one more minute, then drain).
Put the peel in a large pot, more are lying in a single start, the better. Just cover them with water, but weigh much and so forth.
Bring to a boil and boil until they are tender, then add as much sugar as was the weight of the water. Melt the sugar by moving the pot, then resumes when the boil, count one minute. Turn off and let rest for 12 hours. Then bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Another 12 hours and 5 minutes to boil.
If necessary, they are still a little watery, repeat once more, then drain them one at a time and place on a wire rack to dry for a day.
sugar to the cedar that remains in the pot, throw it, it's too good and too fragrant. Looks like a cordial ... you can use to flavor yogurt., Or to add to the chiffon cake, or ... I do not know, something else, to perfume a jam!
peels instead retain fine for a long time in airtight boxes.

I'm going to make gingerbread for Easter with this cedar ...... mica must be eaten only at Christmas!




0 comments:

Post a Comment